You will now be able to replace a collection on Shopify with a Tagalys smart collection without affecting search engine optimization.
Here is an example of how you could replace a collection created on Shopify with a Tagalys smart collection without affecting SEO. Here are the steps to be followed.
- In this example, we would be replacing the "Fall Dresses" collection created on Shopify.
- Here is the front-end page of the collection "Fall Dresses"
- This collection can be replicated on the Tagalys dashboard. Create a new Smart collection on the dashboard.
- However, the URL needs to be updated as "/fall-dresses1" temporarily since the URL "/fall-dresses" already exists.
- Save and Publish the collection.
- Update the URL of the Shopify Collection to "/fall-dresses2" and click save. A URL redirect for "fall-dresses" to "fall-dresses2" will be created automatically.
- Now, update the URL of the Tagalys Smart Collection to "fall-dresses".
- The "Fall dresses" collection will now be redirected to the Tagalys smart collection page instead of the Shopify created collection page.