To create a 'Local Boost' for Categories and Collections, follow the steps below:
- Click on the 'View All' Categories or Collections.
- Choose the Category or Collection you want to work on and click on the 'Edit' button.
- Go to the 'Global Sort Option (GSO)' tab and ensure it is set to 'Trending.'
- Click on the 'Add Boost' icon on the 'Global Sort Option (GSO)' panel.
- Click on the '+Local Boost' icon
- In 'Step 1' 'Find Products' section, choose the attributes you want to give a boost to. For instance, the attribute has been set to 'Colour' 'Match Any' 'Black.'
- In Step 2: Choose the score you wish to give that particular attribute, either to promote it with a positive score or to demote it with a negative score within the Category or Collection.
- In this instance, we are giving the products with the 'Color' 'Black' a promotion (positive boost score) of 300 so that it gets more visibility on a Category or Collection.
- You can also schedule the 'Local Boost' to be active and effective for a particular time frame.
- Click on the 'Done' icon.
- You can now see the 'Local Boost' active with the 'Local Boost' score highlighted in the image below.
- Click on the 'Save' icon.
- You can view the 'Local Boost' from the section highlighted below.
To read further on a 'Local Boosting' use case, click here.