On the product detail pages or cart pages, you can now recommend products via widgets based on particular source product(s).
Product-based widgets display recommended products with reference to the source product(s).
On the dashboard, you can find the Product Based widget under 'Recommendations'.
The recommendations curated using product-based widgets are divided into the following sections:
- Hand-picked: The hand-picked section contains products for which the recommendations are manually pinned.
- Automated: The automated section contains products for which recommendations are populated based on the automation rules set in the widget.
- Hybrid: The hybrid section contains products whose recommendations are a combination of both automated and hand-picked.
- None: All of the products that do not satisfy the automation rules and for which no recommendations were manually pinned can be viewed in the 'None' section.
Note: The colour indicator at the top right of the product tile indicates the type of recommendation populated. for that product.
The following are 2 common use cases for using product-based widgets:
- Similar Products:
You can recommend different variations of the same product or similar-looking products. Click here to read more about how to set up similar product recommendations using product-based widgets.
- Cross-Selling Recommendations:
You can recommend other products that you would like to cross-sell. Click here to read more about how to set up cross-selling recommendations using product-based widgets.
For further queries or assistance in setting up product-based widgets, please feel free to contact your account owner or email us at email@example.com.